Multinational Gaming Software company is looking to hire a new Head of Studio as a permanent addition to the NY team.
To lead the Studio by managing staff, establishing, and accomplishing business objectives in line with the strategic vision. The Head of Studio will lead the software development and production teams and coordinate the entire product development process to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of products
· Partner with all stakeholders to ensure quality product output, timelines, and market requirements
· Track performance of new product/commercial developments to assess success and communicate delivery.
· Facilitate software development, as per agreed standards and industry best practices, to meet defined functional and quality requirements.
· Oversee studio operations and product delivery via the production streams.
· Effectively resolve escalated project risks.
· Co-ordinates projects to ensure that prioritised deadlines are met.
· Works with the management team to ensure the establishment, adherence, and continuous improvement of processes.
· Maintains a current and accurate understanding of existing systems, infrastructure, and procedures.
· Assesses the potential impacts of technical solutions on the organization in terms of efficiencies introduced, manual processes eliminated, risks, benefits and cost and resource savings.
· Collaborates with technology team to produce world-class products driven by technology visionaries, domain experts, and customers.
· Fosters a data driven environment and use data insights to optimise products and processes
· Helps the team prioritise highest business value features and set quality targets.
· Represent the Studio Management in both internal and external communication. This includes delivering strong presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with key organisational stakeholders and partners.
· Develops business plan, on an annual basis and according to agreed standards and implements, monitors and is accountable for the business plan, ensuring that the deliverables and milestones are achieved.
· Ensures that the Studio is aligned with the company strategy and working towards achieving the business plan and objectives
· Implements, monitors and is accountable for the business plan, ensuring that deliverables and milestones are achieved.
· Conducts periodic reviews of the execution of the business plan to determine progress and communicates to relevant parties.
· Provides direction through consulting, advising, and directing all activities relating to products. Internal
· Ensures that usability standards are developed within agreed deadline and in consultation with the relevant parties and facilitates the implementation and application of these standards.
· Maintains and displays a thorough knowledge of new developments in the industry on an ongoing basis.
· Accomplish people results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining people; developing, coordinating, and applying systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
· Oversee all aspects of the team by facilitating and resolving issues, through effective problem solving and communication skills.
· Define career paths and training required for people to succeed in their existing role and future roles
· Ensure effective orientation to the team and communication of the teams’ purpose for all new recruits.
· Manage multiple teams, including international offices where required.
· Facilitate effective communication within the team and between other teams including international teams and stakeholders.
· Engage in effective liaison with product stakeholder (internal and external)
· Ensure effective salary management by using agreed salary bench-marking levels.
· Prepare annual budgets, statements and financial reports as required and manage day-to-day financial operations to meet the agreed budget
· Collaborate with stakeholders to determine a commercially viable business strategy for the studio and effectively communicate and coach the teams in their understanding of the strategic objectives of the studio.
· Guide the management team to determine the strategic and operational deliverables of the business.
Technical Skills & Experience:
· Proven success and demonstrable experience of app/web development in social gaming and applications
· Experience of Performance management
· Experience of staffing management proficiency
· Experience of coaching
· Experience of developing standards
· Experience of financial planning and strategy
· Experience of process improvement and quality management
· Excellent decision-making skills
· Experience of strategic planning
· Strong leadership ability
· Strong communication skills
· Strong business acumen
· 8-10 years Management experience in a software development environment
· Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Posted: 7th Apr 2021
InterGame is the only monthly magazine covering the international coin-op amusements and gaming industry.Learn more
InterGaming is the leading magazine covering the international land-based casino and gaming industry.Learn more
Published bimonthly, iNTERGAMINGi is the leading publication for the growing international online gaming industry.Learn more
An extensive annual buyers’ directory with more than 1,500 suppliers listed in the coin-op, casino and iGaming sectors.Learn more
All the latest innovations for children in the indoor play, edutainment, outdoor adventure and simulation sectors.Learn more
Coin-op Community is an online marketplace where buyers meet sellers, produced in association with InterGame.Learn more