A well established Gambling business is looking to hire an HR Business Partner to support it's team in Gibraltar.
Reporting to the HR Director of the division, the role will be effectively stand-alone in Gibraltar so will consist of a wide ranging and varied remit.
Main duties include:
To work in partnership with the leaders, stakeholders and HR colleagues within the Interactive and International business to design and deliver an effective people strategy to meet the business objectives. Operating as an experienced HR professional to support, advise and guide managers and leaders to ensure they are managing their teams effectively to maximise performance and enable colleagues to engage and drive performance of the business.
• Contribute to the HR strategy and support its’ implementation across the Interactive and International locations.
• Ensure effective plans are in place to drive employee engagement, in turn supporting the implementation of engagement surveys.
• Work with operational teams to build a team culture that reflects the values.
• Attend HR meetings and Interactive Operations meetings, providing a link between HR best practise and the needs of the Operation.
• Support the Interactive and International team to implement and complete any mandatory training required by the business.
• Take the lead in project managing and implementing the people and culture transformation initiatives.
• Recruit, retain and develop talent within the Interactive and International estate with a focus on management roles.
• Advise and assist local management on recruitment processes which are reflective of our culture and employer branding and attract a diverse candidate pool.
• Work with operational management to ensure that robust succession plans are in place for key management roles, engaging other HR functions as appropriate.
• Assume responsibility, with operational management, for all people and recruitment issues for any new units / new brands.
• Support the delivery of development plans as agreed by operational management, engaging other HR functions as appropriate.
• In line with the company’s performance management system and employee appraisal scheme support and ensure the completion of performance reviews for all employees and management.
• Analyse the key people metrics, working with the operations team to improve performance.
• Provide advice to operational management and ensure compliance with company policy and legal requirements on relevant employment matters.
• Consult with employees / management as appropriate in redundancy / re-deployment situations arising from unit closures and carry out the required accompanying administration.
• Advise, guide, coach, support and develop managers on the application of HR policy / procedures such as disciplinary and grievance investigations, absence management, Tribunal cases etc…, obtaining business feedback to ensure understanding.
• Liaise with Company Legal Representatives on Employment Tribunal cases arising.
• Liaise with fellow HR colleagues across the business to ensure a consistent approach to all HR interventions and approaches.
• Liaise with the Reward Team on matters relating to pensions, long term absence, termination payments and all administrative issues.
• Support the management of associated budget and costs for all HR activities (such as recruitment and engagement)
• Support with the International business as required.
• Extensive experience in a HR business partner model, working with local managers to create positive business outcomes.
• Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Knowledge of current thinking in Human Resources issues and trends and evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
• Effective planning and project management skills with the ability to set and work to deadlines.
• Understanding of the latest thinking in learning and particularly the technologies used to deliver learning effectively is desirable
• Ability to manage and develop others is essential.
• The ability to execute on projects; able to make propose solutions to improve our capability
• Excellent problem-solving skills – be solution driven
• The role will involve overnight stays and travel across the Interactive locations at times with hours that reflect the needs of the operation.
• Computer literate – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• CIPD or degree qualified.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone wishing to develop their career with strong Employment knowledge pertaining to Gibraltar.
Posted: 1st Jun 2021
InterGame is the only monthly magazine covering the international coin-op amusements and gaming industry.Learn more
InterGaming is the leading magazine covering the international land-based casino and gaming industry.Learn more
Published bimonthly, iNTERGAMINGi is the leading publication for the growing international online gaming industry.Learn more
An extensive annual buyers’ directory with more than 1,500 suppliers listed in the coin-op, casino and iGaming sectors.Learn more
All the latest innovations for children in the indoor play, edutainment, outdoor adventure and simulation sectors.Learn more
Coin-op Community is an online marketplace where buyers meet sellers, produced in association with InterGame.Learn more