Your key responsibility will be to investigate and resolve problems logged on the Problem Page through to closure. Guide Problem through the 4 phases of Problem Management (recognition, investigation, resolution and closure).
Outputs & Responsibilities
1. Problem management
i. Problem Recognition. Receiving an issue onto the problem Page and categorising and prioritising the problem
ii. Problem Investigation. Detailed identification and definition of the problem including where possible problem re-creation. Scoping of problems using our current tools such as Nagios and customised scripts where required. Developing work arounds where possible
iii. Problem Resolution. Engage with internal and external resolver groups to fix underlying software and hardware problems
iv. Problem closure. Manage individual problems resolutions through trial to full release.
2. Assist in product trials with regard to analysing product problems and product quality issues that impact the Product fault rate.
3. Where necessary conduct analysis on problem trends using analytical problem solving skills and computer based tools such as Nagios and customised scripts.
4. Maintain close liaison between internal and external customers to assist in the resolution of faults and or problems arising from problem log.
5. Assist service teams in the resolution of problem/ outstanding service calls as and when necessary during the course of the working day.
6. To work with 3rd suppliers with a view to intelligence gathering on products to resolve build problems and implementation of fixes for future release.
7. To keep abreast of new emerging technology with continuous liaison with 3rd party suppliers.
8. To own, maintain and publish the Problem Deck in the agreed timescales and ensure that the correct parties are kept informed of it actions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Knowledge: • Strong technical background for communication with development teams
• Ability to script in languages such as perl
Skills: • Fluent English with excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong creative, organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Possess excellent analytical problem solving skills
• Hands on approach and self-motivated
Competency 1 Customer Experience - Understands the customer, delivering and exceeding their expectations to support our brand reputation
Competency 2 Building Effective Relationships - Develops collaborative and cooperative team working by showing concern, respect and recognition towards those working towards the same goal, building beneficial long term relationships internally and externally
Competency 3 Judgement & Decision Making - Analyses information effectively to understand causes and effects, as well as wider implications, identifying and evaluating solutions to make the right decision on time
Competency 4 Delivering Results - Delivers actions and required results through proactive accountability and responsibility following through tasks at the pace required in any given situation
Competency 5 Enthusiasm, Drive & Determination - Takes decisive and confident action to keep plans on track, making prompt, clear decisions when necessary
Competency 6 Flexibility & Adaptability - Adapts and responds well to changing priorities, roles and circumstances, as well as copes with uncertainty/ambiguity in a positive way
Posted: 9th Jun 2016
InterGame is the only monthly magazine covering the international coin-op amusements and gaming industry.Learn more
InterGaming is the leading monthly magazine covering the international land-based casino and gaming industry.Learn more
Published bimonthly, iNTERGAMINGi is the leading publication for the growing international online gaming industry.Learn more
An extensive annual buyers’ directory with more than 1,500 suppliers listed in the coin-op, casino and iGaming sectors.Learn more
All the latest innovations for children in the indoor play, edutainment, outdoor adventure and simulation sectors.Learn more
Coin-op Community is an online marketplace where buyers meet sellers, produced in association with InterGame.Learn more